About the Book
’’An insider’s unbeatably funny and satirical look at India’s social and political culture.” – Dr. Shashi Tharoor, Member of Parliament, India
An uproariously funny, no-holds-barred tussle with India’s entire canvas:
- political culture and current affairs,
- the environment and conservation,
- the bureaucracy and governance,
- legal matters, social issues, societal peccadilloes, and
- anything else that can be lampooned.
From India’s funniest and most penetrating writer in English:
- 58 selected pieces,
- each only three to four pages in length,
- drawn from the period 2014 to 2020,
- giving you the low-down on all the things you never knew - or had forgotten to laugh about: Aadhar, Anger and its management, Animal Spirits, Black Money, Bribery, Budgets, Cows, Demonetisation, Economics, Encounters, GST, NPAs, South Delhi parties, Street Markets, and even nerd immunity and social distancing.
Our national foibles are treated with indulgent banter, our failures with wit and raillery of the highest order.
Avay Shukla is an original voice.
A major discovery.
Serving customers and libraries across India since 1997.